Sunday 30 September 2007

King Creosote / Emma Pollock

Excellent gig tonight, well I guess it was last night now going by what time it's telling me it is. I do like the Queen's Hall as a venue, like everywhere in Edinburgh it should really have more bands on, but that's a story for another occasion.

Emma Pollock is so much better with a band, I've seen her a couple of times each solo and accompanied and her songs sound a whole lot better accompanied, fleshed out, fuller, warmer and her set, albeit only six songs, was delightful. I've had a wee rant about KC and his band on these pages before, but he really was terrific - focused, rocky (Pictish Trail especially seemed to enjoy wigging out on Twin Tub Twin), gnarled and, at times, quite, quite lovely.

Here's a couple of pictures. The full set can be viewed on my Flickr page. Some are a bit blurry, apologies for that.

Emma Pollock 02

Emma Pollock 09

King Creosote 05

King Creosote 14

Pictish Trail 07

2 comments:

Obo-Bobolina said...

you're getting some great results with that new camera, lad. i can't wait to see kc when he plays here next week. are you coming to the gig - it's before DSFAR in the main bit of Rescue Rooms?. x

Chris Hynd said...

Thanks Han!

Yeah, I'm tempted by the KC gig, especially as he was so good at the weekend. Is it sold out? If not, can you direct me to somewhere I could buy a ticket online or perhaps you could even pick one up for me and I'll square up with you next Friday?